Helping members of the Joomla! community connect with each other and share their stories. We would love to publish yours!
- The Joomla World Conference 2017 in Rome was a great moment to discuss the future of the project, which... surprise… will, for the most part, have a big "Joomla 4" stamp on it. In the context of the conference, I was invited to participate in the Marketing Sprint, kicking it off with a full day of meeting with the leaders and members responsible for the launch of the Joomla 4 marketing campaign. Together we brainstormed and discussed ideas, reviewed predictions and adjusted expectations to better fit realistic goals.
- Every few months, it's a good practice to perform a search engine optimization (SEO) audit of your website. Even if your traffic and sales are doing well, there may be issues that you can uncover that will lead to more traffic and sales. And, if your website's search engine rankings have changed recently, doing an SEO audit is imperative. In this article, we'll do some searches at Google to begin an SEO audit.
- Over the last decades, the web has become significantly more social and made communication among companies and users much easier. At the same time, terms such as “privacy” were in many cases underestimated because of the abundance of public shared personal data. Users are dynamically contributing to the content production of the web, and they often get involved in a “game” where their personal data becomes the actual product. It is not unusual for a user to misunderstand that his personal data is information that could be publicly shared without any special protection.
- Our first real official Joomla Day NYC was in 2008 in Google. In 2009, I coordinated the first JoomlaDayNYC in a 'paid space'. This event was in a small space that most of us called the 'chachkie' space. If you were there you will know what I mean! In the front entrance, you saw little trinkets, etc. At the same time, almost 200 people met and worked on Joomla. It was an exciting weekend for all involved. We met people from other countries, focused on Joomla, and had a ton of fun!
- Tampa, Florida is well known for invasions, from snowbirds to pirates, Tampa has been a winter getaway and vacation spot for countless years. Over the past two years, Tampa has also become known as the largest JoomlaDay in North America. The combination of easy access from the Islands, South America, and Europe and a break from the winter cold for our friends in the North has made JoomlaDay Florida a premier Joomla event.